The Midwife Didnt Even Show



My husband and I had the Grievance meeting in February regarding the death of our twin daughter Aminah. We showed up at a church in Webster Grooves, Missouri. At first I was wondering why the meeting was being held in a church but I went ahead with it and met the midwife in charge of the meeting, Rachel Williston. She arrived with three other midwives from the Missouri area who did not know Joann and Jennifer personally (I guess so there was not conflict of interest).  When me and I my husband arrived at the church we meet Rachel in a conference room in the back . The first thing that Rachel said when we began the meeting is that she was glad my husband and I showed up and she was sad to say the Joann would not be attending the meeting in person but via speaker phone because she filed a police report on my husband and I saying that we had been harassing her and she was to stay away from us. Midwife Jennifer Konkol showed as well She didn't say anything at all during the meeting she just sat at the table.

I laughed at the idea that we finally got our grievance meeting and the midwife in charge of the death of my daughter didn't even have the decency to show up to the grievance. She is a coward and I hope her business suffers because of her cowardly acts as a midwife. My husband and I just looked at each other and shook our heads. We should just call Joann on Over The Phone Midwife because that is all she is. That's her problem you cant conduct most of your business over the phone. That's the last thing that I remember about Joann is her helping deliver my babies over the phone. She was an absent midwife who should never be able to deliver babies again. But my story enough is not good enough for her to loose her license. Unfortunately more babies will die in the hands of this midwife.

I'm sad to say that yet again we allowed these midwives to lure and play us. The midwives asked me and my husband a series of question about the quality of care that was received from Joann. My husband and I answered all the questions and the meeting ended. I brought twin Akilah to the meeting to let the midwives see that  my other twin was healthy an well and there is for no reason why I shouldn't have my other child with me.

Sadly to say my situation or incident did not hold up anything because Joann is still delivering babies as if she did not have a hand in the death of my baby. Rachel emails me the other day and tells me that my story is touching and she was sorry again that this has happened to our family. She told me that she forwarded all of the information from the Grievance meeting to Shannon Anton from NARM and I will be hearing from Shannon Anton from  here on out regarding disciplinary actions for Midwife Joann Falcon.

I have not heard Anything since the meeting.


The Midwife From Hell

Comments

  1. I am SO sorry. You deserve better. Your family deserves better and your children deserve better than this.

    I'm horrified at what is considered 'accountability' in the midwifery community.

    Please don't stop telling your story. It is so important. So, so important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to tell you that I am so impressed with you and what you are doing for your daughter. Your experience is repeated countless times around the country, and the response you are getting is just so typical of these midwives. This blog is amazing....keep sharing this. I am so sorry about your beautiful daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Home Birth Disaster

Holding NARM (North American Registry of Midwives) Accountable

MMA (Missouri Midwives Association) Communication Record #1