Firing The Midwife

If your pregnant and your thinking about home birth let me first say that, "I was once in your shoes." I would dream of how the home birth was going to be. I daydreamed about having my babies at home natural. I believed in my body. I exercised everyday. I made all natural smoothies, meditated, listened to beautiful music. My husband and I talked to the babies and I felt both of them move everyday of my pregnancy. My pregnancy was beautiful and my belly stretched to the max. 40 weeks is along time to be pregnant 40 weeks is along time but everything was changed in minutes. All my time pregnant changed in minutes. I counted on a midwife that made bad judgment calls with me and the sad part about is that she wont even admit that she mislead me as a client.

I feel like race played a major part in my treatment. I mean me being a black women birthing at home maybe she felt uncomfortable and never told me. Maybe she didn't want too take me as a client and just didn't know how to tell me? Maybe, Maybe, Maybe. I blame myself a lot because I trusted a woman that I didn't know personally to deliver something so delicate and meaningful to our family and she failed us without a doubt. Sad to say she will probably continue to deliver babies but I hope that she never forgets about me and my family because she took something so valuable from us and we will never be able to get her back.

Sometimes lessons have to be learned the hard way. My job is to help other women not to have to learn this type of lesson the hard way. I'm telling women straight up to stay away from HOME BIRTH. Hospitals may put you through a lot of interventions but its worth the time that you put in nesting a baby your womb. You don't want a midwife to ruin that opportunity for you and your family. Your child deserves to live and although the hospital does overdo it often I can guarantee your more likely to come home with a live baby than choosing home birth.

As I said before Word of Mouth is sometimes not good enough. Personal responsibility is something that you will have to set yourself up for and that was not something as a mother that I really thought about when I was pregnant. I never thought that my midwife wasn't going to be at my birth. Never in a million years would I have thought that. There is absolutely no excuse for a midwife to not show for a whole birth. I don't care what anyone says. A lot of women give their absent midwives to much credit because they are so in love with the idea of home birth and they feel like they have to take some type of personal responsibility because midwives say. Home birth is risky point blank and I am here to say that there is no accountability for these midwives.  Being absent for a home birth  should not be tolerated at all.

WHY? You can't be counted on. Your fired. Why is it so hard to fire a midwife. Well as a mother who is and has been apart of the home birth community I AM FIRING JOANN FALCON.

JOANN YOU CAN NOT CONTINUE TO PRACTICE MIDWIFERY FOR ALL OF YOUR DAYS HERE ON EARTH. YOU HAVE HAD A HAND IN A PREVENTABLE DEATH AND YOU MUST GIVE OVER YOUR LICENSE TO NARM. YOUR BUSINESS IN THE MIDWIFE COMMUNITY IS NO LONGER NEEDED. PLEASE DISMISS YOURSELF. TURN IN ALL OF YOUR MIDWIFERY SUPPLIES THEY WILL BE DONATED TO ANOTHER MIDWIFE THAT IS SERIOUS ABOUT HER TITLE. ALSO AS PART OF YOUR DISMISSAL YOU MUST ADMIT TO THE PUBLIC HOW MANY DEATHS YOU HOLD UNDER YOU LICENSE. ALSO YOU OWE MY DAUGHTER AN APOLOGY AND YOU OWE MY FAMILY AN APOLOGY AND YOU OWE AN APOLOGY TO ANY OTHER FAMILY THAT HAS HAD TO GO THROUGH THE SAME GRIEVANCE AS MY FAMILY HAS.

Joann Falcon your career as a midwife is over turn in your license.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Birth Disaster

Holding NARM (North American Registry of Midwives) Accountable

MMA (Missouri Midwives Association) Communication Record #1