Shannon Anton Accountability





Women Meet Shannon Anton. She is a midwife with NARM. (North American Registry of Midwives). She is the person (midwife) in charge of accountability. Meaning if you place a complaint this midwife will be overseeing the Grievance process. All of the recommendations come to Shannon from the state midwife association. I have spoken with Shannon on many occasions about the grievance process as well as the complaint. I started my grievance process when my daughter died in June of 2014. The grievance is still in process and it has actually been in limbo because I went to Jefferson City in support of HB 2189. This is the last email I received it was on March 19, 2014.



Shannon Anton
To Me
Mar 19
Dear Andrea,

I am contacting you from the NARM board, we spoke on the phone in early January. I chair the Accountability committee. As you know, NARM is the agency that administers the midwifery credential Certified Professional Midwife, CPM.

Your complaint was initially sent to the Missouri Midwives Association, and eventually to our committee.
NARM provides a mandatory process for addressing a complaint against a CPM. Local Missouri CPM Rachel Williston agreed to chair the NARM Complaint Review, which occurred in February. After the Complaint Review group met and heard your complaint, they continued to meet and discuss their findings. Earlier this week I received their outcome statements and am currently reading their evaluations and recommendations.

Based on the statements I've received from the Complaint Review participants, it is now my job to draft the official NARM Complaint Review outcome. My initial draft will be sent to Rachel Williston for her review and edits, and then on to the NARM board for their approval of the final draft.

I will then send the NARM Complaint Review outcome letter to you, the midwives, and Rachel Williston. Rachel will share it with her Complaint Review group. I hope to complete this process by the end of next week, which is the end of March.

I apologize for the delay between Rachel's sending her committee's statements, and my receiving them. Our little post office overlooked her package and it sat in their claim area for several days, it was noticed yesterday when my PO box had notice of another package that didn't fit in our box.

Thank you again for your participation in NARM Complaint Review.
Respectfully,
Shannon Anton CPM

For some odd reason I feel like she is avoiding me.  If I'm not mistaking she said, " I hope to complete this process by the end of next week which is the end of March." It's clear that she is holding the process up. I know why though. It's okay because all midwives can't be saved from the horrific murders of children. I chose to speak out about my daughters death and If I had to do it over again I'd speak louder. I just want other women to see what type of accountability you are dealing with if your baby dies from home birth.

If your baby dies at home there will be nothing that you can do about it. You will be told to suck it up and to swallow your tongue. These midwives will interrogate you like police and question you decisions only to shift the blame. The name of the game is called blame. They feel like if they play with the mother and fathers mind enough about the birth disaster maybe they will forget about the complaint overall.

That's why I started this blog. To tell other women to run the hell away from midwives and run right into the hospital. Your baby is safer there then at home in the hands of no accountability.

With that being said.......
continuing on my hunt for the midwife from hell

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Birth Disaster

Holding NARM (North American Registry of Midwives) Accountable

MMA (Missouri Midwives Association) Communication Record #1